• 2 pounds ripe roma tomatoes, halved and cored
• 1 small (1/2 lb) cucumber, peeled and seeded
• 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
• 1/2 small red onion, peeled
• 2 small garlic cloves (or 1 large clove), peeled
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
• 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 thick slice of white bread, crusts removed
Optional garnishes: homemade croutons, chopped fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil, or any leftover chopped gazpacho ingredients
1. Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
Puree for 1 minute, or until the soup reaches your desired consistency.
2. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper and/or cumin if needed.
3. Refrigerate in a sealed container for 4 hours, or until completely chilled.
4. Serve cold, topped with your desired garnishes.