• 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
• Flour for dusting
• 2-3 Honey Crisp Apples
• 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 egg beaten
• 1 -2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a parchment lined baking sheet, roll out pie crust and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
2. Peel apples and cut in half. Remove the core and any seeds with a melon baller, keeping the apple intact. Lay each half of apple flat on your cutting board and slice it very thin keeping the apple shape intact.
3. Once your apples are sliced, fan them in a circular pattern onto the pie crust, leaving about 2 inches of crust on the edge.
4. In a microwave safe dish, melt your butter. Add the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour sugar mixture over the apples, making sure to coat all the apples. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the apples working your way around and creating pleats as you go.
6. Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado or large sugar crystals.
7. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Place pan on rack and allow to cool slightly before serving with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.